Nestled in the heart of Ontario, in the quaint town of Creemore, a community of makers are doing something special at Village General Store.
They are creating a village. A village based on wonderful memories of home.
Memories like Grandma’s wooden spoon. Like Mum’s hand-knitted blanket. Like a handmade piece of jewelry.
You’ll find all kinds of cherished items like this at Village General Store.This is where the magic happens ~ Village General Store #MyVillage Click To Tweet
Not yet a “bricks and mortar” store (plans are in the works to open one next year in Creemore), Village General Store is a beautiful online shop focused on unique handmade gifts – with an emphasis on made in Canada merchandise.
It’s Village General Store’s “community of makers” that makes this store so special.
“Each one of our makers in the Village Community have a passion for what they do and a story about how they got here.”
It did not take me long to fall in love with all the fabulous merchandise that the Village General Store offers. I admit I got lost in the site looking around for a good 20 minutes, before I had to stop myself so I could get to work on this post. The Village General Store website is beautiful, interesting, and well laid out. Time flies when you are browsing through there!
Although I happen to think there is a great assortment of merchandise on the site now, Village General Store is still very new, so more stock is being ordered and added to the site on a regular basis. Don’t forget to keep checking back!
So here, in no particular order, are a few of my favourite things from Village General Store:
7 Gifts I Love From Village General Store
1. The Vintage Edition Scrabble ~ Thanks to my mum, I developed a strong love for the game of Scrabble. She and I played it on and off for years, but never on a board as nice as this one. It may be the same game but, there’s just something wonderful about this vintage set!
2. The Woodland Acorn Birdhouse ~ This birdhouse, at only 6 inches high, is meant to be more of a decorative item than an actual birdhouse you use outside. It’s perfect for the indoor decor of a bird lover, and would look amazing at the cottage, on a porch, or in a garden. I love the look of these birdhouses, which are handcrafted in one of my favourite places – Prince Edward Island!
3. The Balcony Folding Table ~ I would have loved to have had one of these when I lived in my old apartment years ago. Such a great idea! It folds flat to under 3 inches deep when closed and is made from exterior outdoor wood. I love the space-saving feature of this fabulous folding table!
4. The Hedgehog Blanket ~ As a former owner of an adorable hedgehog, this blanket speaks to me for obvious reasons. I adore the pattern! Touted as a great blanket for babies, and made from Japanese 100% cotton gauze, it sounds like the kind of blanket I would love to cuddle up on the couch with.
5. The Book Lover’s Childhood Memories Shower Curtain ~ I think this shower curtain was made for me. Then again, maybe you feel the same way. Some of my favourite childhood book characters are listed here: Winnie-the-Pooh, Ramona, and Charlotte. Love the colour scheme too!
6. The Monkey’s Fist Doorstop ~ I find this one incredible, not because it is a doorstop, but because of how it’s made. Each one weighs in at just over 5 pounds, contains several Canadian rocks, and is made from a 35 foot rope. Not only does it look fabulous, it’s a great conversation piece too!
7. The Happy Camper Campfire ~ It must be the Canadian in me but, I happen to think this campfire set is adorable. Pair it with a kid’s play tent, and your kids will have a great time playing “camp” during the winter months.
As you can see, there is much to love about Village General Store. I’ve barely touched the surface showcasing 7 of my favourite items from this wonderful store.
But there’s even more to love about Village General Store…
“Village General Store was created solely to focus on a dream of establishing a Foundation to give women a start in business by providing grants and low-interest loans.
We believe strongly that the best way for children to grow and achieve their dreams, women need to be empowered. When women are empowered they are the best versions of themselves, they are in control. It’s not perfect but it’s pretty magical when it happens.
Who knows, that next blanket that you purchase could help provide a loan to a woman whose daughter is the next astronaut.”Be amazing. Make mistakes. Buy wooden spoons that remind you of your grandmother. ~ Village General Store… Click To Tweet
And…with their FREE shipping to both Canada and the US, and their complimentary gift wrapping, Village General Store makes Christmas shopping easy for the whole family!
Perhaps best-known for its beer of the same name, the town of Creemore may one day be recognized for more than it’s cherished beverage, if Village General Store has anything to do with it!
Be sure to take a peek at the Village General Store website for all the other wonderful gifts you can find there. You can also follow Village General Store on Facebook to stay up-to-date on information and promotions.Yes we reach for the stars here at Village General Store. Come join us. ~ Village General Store #MyVillage Click To Tweet
You Could WIN!
Village General Store wants to give Canadian Blog House readers the chance to win a wonderful prize pack consisting of two of their fabulous “Village Style” items: a “My Favourite Scarf” Blanket Scarf AND a “Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost” Necklace (ARV $128CDN).
Here’s how you can enter for your chance to WIN:
Disclosure: Canadian Blog House received compensation for this post. All opinions are our own.