Canadian Blog House received compensation from Vagisil in exchange for this post. All opinions are our own.
There, I said it.
Too embarrassing? You should keep reading since there’s nothing to be embarrassed about.
Ladies, there’s no more beating around the bush (pun very much intended) when it comes to this embarrassing discussion.
Vaginal dryness is a topic that many of us tend to shy away from talking about but we shouldn’t. If you haven’t experienced it for yourself, you probably know a woman who has. Truth is, she likely hasn’t told you about the problem she has with vaginal dryness because it makes her feel ashamed, which she shouldn’t be because it is perfectly normal.
The hormonal changes we experience during menopause/perimenopause are the biggest factor for women experiencing vaginal dryness. However, women of any age can experience it.
You may be surprised to know that vaginal dryness may be caused by things such as:
- Certain medications (like antihistamines and birth control pills)
- Post-natal hormone shifts
- IVF treatments
Being “dry” is not a good thing…in so many ways!
- dry as a bone
- dry spell
- high and dry
- hung out to dry
- dry eyes
- dry mouth
- all dried up
- watching paint dry
- dry heaves
There are several ways to treat vaginal dryness, ranging from special creams prescribed by your doctor to making changes in your diet to using lubricants.
3 Ways To Help Keep Your Lady Parts Lubricated
- Stay Hydrated – Drinking plenty of water can help regulate your internal organs, rid your body of waste, help keep your skin moisturized—and could also help ease vaginal dryness.
- Adjust Your Diet – Eating foods rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acids (salmon, tuna), Phytoestrogen-rich foods (cherries, flaxseeds), and adding extra virgin olive oil to your diet can all help minimize vaginal dryness in some women.
- Use Vagisil® ProHydrate Natural Feel Moisturizing Gel – This gel relieves, dryness anytime, and makes intimacy more comfortable. It’s fast-acting and long-lasting.
Vagisil® ProHydrate Natural Feel Moisturizing Gel‘s unique bio-adherent formula coats the vaginal wall to provide dryness relief instantly, then slowly releases moisture over time.
Why use Vagisil® ProHydrate Natural Feel Moisturizing Gel?
- It relieves vaginal dryness
- It does not contain added estrogen, perfumes, dyes or preservatives
- It provides natural feeling moisture
- It is effortless and discreet—the single-use pre-filled applicator inserts effortlessly and targets the source of dryness. It is designed to be discreet, so only you know you’re using it.
Vagisil® ProHydrate Natural Feel Moisturizing Gel is the only vaginal dryness treatment with a unique blend of moisturizers, including Hyaluronic Acids (HA’s)—a naturally occurring hydrator found in skin, so it feels like your own natural moisture.
Hyaluronic Acid is so effective, that a tiny amount holds up to 1000 times its weight in water, and it naturally retains moisture. As we age, the percentage of Hyaluronic Acid in our skin decreases, which can lead to dryness and fragility.
This loss of Hyaluronic Acid can leave us high and dry ladies!
Besides Vagisil® ProHydrate Natural Feel Moisturizing Gel*, Vagisil offers a whole line of products to help you keep your lady parts fresh, clean, and healthy, including:
- Vagisil® pH Balanced Wash
- Vagisil® Extra Strength Anti-Itch Crème
A little bit of dryness can lead to a whole lot of pain. So ladies, don’t let your well run dry! Moisturize with Vagisil® ProHydrate Natural Feel!
Please note: I am not a doctor, nor a medical professional. If you are suffering from vaginal dryness, please be sure to see your family doctor. Only a trained medical professional can make an accurate diagnosis, provide medical advice, and prescribe treatments appropriate for you.
* To provide continuous comfort, you can use Vagisil® ProHydrate Natural Feel every three days.