My healthy oral care routine started early in life for me. Thanks to my parents, brushing my teeth was a regular part of my daily routine as a child. Pushing cavity prevention one step further, my parents made me a part of the 1970’s generation of kids that were given little green fluoride pills, to be chewed up and swallowed daily. Anyone remember those? I don’t think anyone could ever forget being subjected to those horrible tasting pills. As horrid as they were, it appears that they had a long-lasting effect on cavity prevention for me. I’ve only ever had one cavity my whole life (and this is coming from someone who likes their sweets and candy!).
My public school also played a part in starting me off on the road to a healthy oral care routine. I can still remember regular dental hygiene sessions in the school gymnasium where students were given a small amount of liquid fluoride which we were required to swish around in our mouth for the amount of time it took us to walk the circumference of the gymnasium. Then there were those red “disclosing tablets”. The tables containing red food dye that, when chewed after brushing your teeth, would highlight the spots on your teeth where you did not brush properly. Remember those?
Healthy oral care has come a long ways since the 1970’s, and thank goodness it has! With oral care products available today, like those made by the folks at LISTERINE®, healthy oral care has never been easier – or more pleasant!
I still brush my teeth well after every meal, but I must admit, I am lax in rest of the oral care department. I’ve never been a “flosser” – except when I’ve got a mouthful of corn-on-the-cob stuck in my teeth. I always have that look of “shoulda, woulda, coulda” when my dentist asks if I have been flossing regularly. As for mouthwash, I do use it occasionally but, only when I want to make absolutely certain that my breath is fresh.
So when the folks at LISTERINE® approached me to take part in the 2015 LISTERINE® Challenge, I decided this was something I needed to do for myself. I had a few reasons for my decision:
- I need to develop a better oral care routine for myself. My brushing habits are great, but my oral care could definitely use improvement. I need to add regular flossing and rinsing to my routine.
- My parents invested a lot of money in my teeth when I was a teenager with wisdom tooth extraction, braces and retainers. I owe it to them to keep my teeth as healthy as possible!
- I endured years of severe mouth pain from those braces! I owe myself good oral health care. I didn’t go through that pain for nothing!
- My boyfriend already uses LISTERINE® Mouthwash regularly (he swears by the “original” LISTERINE® ), and flosses a lot more often than I do. His teeth are perfect – and I mean perfect. He doesn’t have one filling in his mouth!
The LISTERINE® Challenge is built upon the misconception that bleeding gums are the result of brushing too hard, when in fact, bleeding gums are a sign of early gum disease that can be reversed with LISTERINE®. In as little as 2 weeks, with the help of LISTERINE®, you can reverse early gum disease*.
So now, with my LISTERINE® kit ready to go, I am about to embark on my LISTERINE® Challenge, and I’m hoping you will join me! The 2015 LISTERINE® Challenge runs from January 27th, 2015 to July 15th, 2015 and is only open to Canadian residents.
What have you got to lose, Canada? Early gum disease! Plus you will have the chance to WIN $20,000**! Yes, you could walk away with $20,000‡** AND a healthier mouth! Won’t you join me for this challenge?
I wish you good luck and good oral health!
DISCLOSURE: This post was generously sponsored by Johnson & Johnson Inc., the makers of LISTERINE® the opinions and thoughts are my own.
* With twice daily brushing. Consult with your dentist if gingivitis symptoms persist or worsen. Always read and follow label.
**No purchase necessary, please see full contest rules and regulations for details.
If you have any comments, concerns or questions about LISTERINE® please click here https://www.ccc-consumercarecenter.com/universalcontact-us/ca-jnjcanada-ucu/www.jnjcanada.com to contact Johnson & Johnson Inc.