Kelly, from Pencil Skirts & Playdates, is the latest blogger I’m featuring in my Top 10 Fun Facts series. Kelly has been writing since her days as a teenager when she and her best friend would write ten times a day in their journals. Today, Kelly’s journals fill a giant trunk in her parents’ basement. Every moment of Kelly’s teenage life is documented in those journals. So without a doubt, it’s fitting that Kelly has turned her passion for journaling into a passion for blogging.
I really enjoyed checking out Kelly’s Pencil Skirts & Playdates, and found out another great fun fact about Kelly. Kelly comes from a family that are the epitome of FUN. Birthdays in Kelly’s family are, literally, a week-long celebration. There’s a celebration with family, then a celebration with friends, then maybe a bigger celebration with more family, then a celebration with her hubby and two kids and…well…apparently the partying doesn’t stop at Kelly’s house! Talk about a family who knows how to have a good time!
Be sure to stop by and check out Kelly’s blog at Pencil Skirts & Playdates!
TOP 10 FUN FACTS ABOUT PENCIL SKIRTS & PLAYDATES:
- I can talk backwards.
- My husband and I had our kids first and then we got married. I love the way we did that. Even though our kids were too young to remember the wedding, they were such a special part of our day.
- Two of my favourite places on earth are the cottage on the Bay of Quinte, and Railay Beach in Thailand.
- I own 78 pencil skirts.
- When I was 18 months old, I fell down a hole and fractured my skull. I spent two weeks at the Hospital for Sick Children with my head held together with sand bags. I turned out okay – kids really do have hard heads!
- In my personal life, I’m not great at thinking before I speak – I usually just blurt out what I’m thinking at that very moment. That is why I enjoy blogging – I can edit it before I post!
- I am a bit of a worrywart. I still go into my kid’s rooms when they are sleeping and do the nose breathing test before I can go to sleep for the night.
- I love to sew, paint and create things. I once built a dollhouse for my little cousin. I can’t wait to make one for my daughter when she grows up.
- My favourite motto in life is simple. It’s the golden rule. My mother always said it to my sisters and I: “One should treat others as they would like to be treated”.
- I love to drink red wine and eat yummy cheese. Especially with my husband, family and good friends nearby.