Viita Protection provided Canadian Blog House with Viita Protection underwear in exchange for this review. All opinions are our own.
Bladder leakage affects more Canadians than you probably think.
According to the Canadian Continence Foundation, approximately 10% of Canadians suffer from some form of incontinence.
That means approximately 3.6 million Canadians (using 2016 Census numbers) suffer from this embarrassing, and often debilitating, condition.
That’s a whole lot of Canadians, eh?
In fact, those numbers could actually be higher. Why? Because it often depends upon how one asks questions about bladder incontinence.
For example, if I were to ask a friend if they were incontinent, they would most likely tell me no.
However, if I were to ask that same friend if they ever experienced occasional bladder leakage when laughing, sneezing, or coughing, they may actually say yes.
Bladder leakage is way more prevalent than you may think – especially as we age. One in three women will be affected by bladder leakage in her life.
The problem is, bladder leakage, and incontinence in general, is a taboo topic. No one wants to discuss this “dirty” topic.
[bctt tweet=”Bladder leakage isn’t pretty – but bladder leakage protection can be – Viita Protection ” username=”CanBlogHouse “]
So when Viita Protection contacted me to do a review of their incontinence underwear, the timing could not have been better.
I was set to venture to Ontario’s Lake Country to experience some of their best outdoor winter activities. Activities that, let’s face it, don’t always mix so well with bladder incontinence.
I was super excited to try this bladder incontinence underwear!
Four words I never thought I would utter in the same sentence – super excited and incontinence underwear.
I spend the majority of my time at home, where I am best able to manage my incontinence. This is mainly because I am close to the washroom at all times!
It’s when I venture out of the house that I have to worry. And not all the time. My bladder incontinence likes to rear its ugly head at the most inopportune times.
Like when I’m travelling in a car on a road trip.
So what better time to try out this underwear than when I’m off on a road trip to experience winter activities such as fat biking, tubing, and downhill skiing?
[bctt tweet=”Life is meant to be experienced. Slip into Viita Protection and go!” username=”CanBlogHouse”]
The thing is, this adventure wasn’t just about outdoor activities. We would also be taking part in workshops, behind-the-scene tours, and slipping into some dressy clothing for dinners at some lovely local restaurants.
Clothing that needed discrete protection.
Although I did not experience any bladder leakage during any of my adventures, there was no doubt I felt confident wearing my Viita Protection. And that confidence made all the difference in the world to me.
It was the difference between being relaxed and enjoying my activities, and being stressed that I might have a sudden accident.
You see, sometimes bladder incontinence can play minds games with you.
Just being nervous that you may experience bladder leakage, if you cannot find a bathroom quickly enough, can be enough to cause a problem if you are unprotected.
Or at the very least, a whole lot of stress.
So now, you can be sure that, wherever I shall roam in the future, Viita Protection will be “behind” me every step of the way!
Raquel Tulk, the creator of the Viita Protection, wants to help all women to feel confident, more comfortable in their bodies, and physically active despite the struggles with bladder leakage.
I think Raquel will reach her goal with Viita Protection…
What I Love About Viita Protection Underwear:
- It’s Reusable ~ I love, love, love that my Viita Protection underwear is reusable. I always feel SO guilty about throwing out disposable underwear and sanitary pads, especially if they weren’t “required”. This underwear makes me feel much more environmentally responsible as I will be able to cut down on the waste I throw out.
- The Fit ~ My Viita Protection underwear fit me perfectly according to my own measurements and the recommendations from the Viita Protection website. The waistband is super comfortable and sits just below my belly button. The underwear fits comfortably around my legs without grabbing or digging into my skin. The underwear stays put, and does not ride up my backside.
- Easy Care ~ It is recommended that you handwash, and hang to dry, Viita Protection underwear. This is to ensure that the underwear continues to do what it’s supposed to do – be absorbent. Harsh machine washing, fabric softeners, bleach, and drying in the dryer, can all cause harm to Viita Protection underwear. A quick handwash, and hang to dry at night, and my underwear is ready for the next day!
- Durability ~ Viita Protection underwear are made from quality materials and feel extremely durable. There are no flimsy materials in these garments!
- You Can Feel The Protection ~ There’s no bulky pad or padding, yet you can feel the protection. I love how I don’t have to worry too much bulk, or about a pad slipping out-of-place. I also love that it’s discrete and does not look like I am wearing protection. You can choose from 3 levels of protection: Light, Moderate, and Super.
- It Is Pretty ~ Who knew bladder protection could be so pretty? I love how feminine Viita Protection underwear are. They look like normal underwear – not bladder protection! And, I love how they come in black (the colour I ordered).
- Confidence And Peace Of Mind ~ I love that I no longer have to “second guess” if I need protection or not. My Viita Protection underwear are so comfortable, I am happy to wear them during those “just in case” times.
My disposable underwear makes me feel secure but, it does not make me feel feminine or confident as a woman.
Viita Protection underwear makes me feel secure, feminine, and full of confidence that I can venture out when I have to, knowing that my underwear has my back….side.
Oh and….gentlemen. We know many of you suffer from bladder leakage as well. Stay tuned. Viita Protection will soon have you covered too!
Thanks to our friends at Viita Protection, one lucky Canadian Blog House winner will have the chance to WIN Viita Protection underwear for themselves!
Or…maybe you have a friend or family member that you know could use some protection! If you do, be sure to enter for them!
Here’s how you can enter for your chance to WIN: