Looking for a gift with impact this holiday season? A gift that will make your favourite animal lover happy and help support Canadian wildlife?
Look no further!
WWF-Canada has the perfect gift with impact for wildlife lovers! Adoptable plushies – like Cupcake the Walrus!
Cupcake was the name given to our WWF-Canada walrus plushie by our good friends’ grandson. He took an instant liking to this sweet plushie and Cupcake went home with him that evening!
Lucky Cupcake found a great home!
Sadly, many real Canadian wildlife animals aren’t so lucky when it comes to finding a good home.
“Just as we need housing, wildlife need somewhere to live. Half of Canada’s monitored species are in decline, by a staggering 83 percent, and even wildlife protected under Canada’s Species at Risk Act are failing to recover. Wildlife simply can’t survive with increasingly degraded or destroyed habitats. They need to find food, mate, migrate and raise their young. Climate change only makes matters worse.”
That’s why WWF-Canada is working hard to bring attention to the plight of Canadian wildlife by offering Canadians the chance to adopt a WWF-Canada plushie. Choose from over 30 wildlife animals up for adoption (please note…some plushies are sold out and only available as a card).
7 Facts You May Not Know About WWF-Canada And Canadian Wildlife
• Canada is warming at twice the global rate, which creates additional stressors for wildlife.
• WWF-Canada’s 2017 Living Planet Report Canada found that half of our vertebrate wildlife species are in decline.
• WWF-Canada’s 2018 Wildlife Protection Assessment found that:
▪ 84% of habitats with high concentrations of at-risk species are
inadequately or not at all protected.
▪ 77% of habitats with high densities of soil carbon are inadequately or not
at all protected. ▪ 74% of habitats with high densities of forest biomass are inadequately or not at all protected.
▪ 76 percent of physical habitats in Canada are inadequately or not at all
How Else Can You Make An Impact And Support WWF-Canada?
• Participate in their annual CN Tower Climb and other exciting events!
• Make a purchase from their e-store, featuring re-usable straws, upcycled tote bags and much more!
• Fundraise for Wildlife! Choose your adventure and mobilize friends and family.
• Select a donation option that works for you. Every dollar helps WWF-Canada protect our magnificent species and places.
Come Discover Your Own Gift With Impact
If you are looking for more great WWF-Canada gift ideas, check these out!
Thanks to WWF-Canada, we each received a comfortable and stylish WWF-Canada hoodie from their e-store, just like these two…
You can find these fabulous hoodies and so many other great WWF-Canada gift ideas in their e-store. Be sure to check them out! You might just find your very own gift with impact!
Be sure to select express shipping until Dec 21 to ensure your WWF-Canada gift with impact arrives in time for Christmas!
What WWF-Canada gift item would you love to see under your tree this Christmas? Tell us in the comment section below!