Our Top 10 Fun Facts feature is back!
In this edition of Top 10 Fun Facts, I’m excited to introduce you to a good friend of mine, travel blogger Hannah, from Eat Sleep Breathe Travel and Ireland Stole My Heart.
I call Hannah my “sista from another mista”.
I’ve managed to witness a couple of Hannah’s awkward moments, and let me tell you, it makes me love this woman even more. Anyone who can fall into a large potted plant in the middle of a breakfast meeting, and miss a blogging event because she got lost using her own city’s transit system – and ended up taking a bus to a wrong part of town – is my kind of person!
Also, Hannah loves dogs. Possibly more than me, if that is even possible.
I live in awe of the travel adventures Hannah has experienced. She has seen the world. Sometimes Hannah literally returns from one trip, and within one day, is off on another adventure. I saw this scenario in action when Hannah and I travelled together on our 24 hours in Melbourne Florida press trip.
Get to know more about Hannah, check out her Top 10 Fun Facts, and then be sure to visit her blog to read about her recent adventures in Egypt!
Top 10 Fun Facts About Eat Sleep Breathe Travel
1. Hannah decided to move to Galway, Ireland at the age of 22. Up until this point she had never travelled or been on a plane. It was a bit of a risky move but it paid off, because moving to Ireland kick-started her love affair with travel.
2. Hannah always wanted to be a journalist but ended up studying criminology instead. Over the past few years, she went from a victim’s worker to a professional cake decorator and now works as a full-time freelance writer and travel blogger. She’s written for World Nomads, Livestrong, Good Housekeeping, Skyscanner, and Fodors.
3. Hannah has been to 45 countries and 4 continents over the past six years but, Ireland is her all-time favourite and she’s been several times. She’s recently started a second blog where she shares her Ireland tips and experiences called Ireland Stole My Heart.
4. Hannah not-so-secretly dreams of being Indiana Jones (her ringtone is the theme song) and loves to visit countries and places known for their ancient history. A few favourites have been Cambodia, Myanmar, and Egypt. She hopes to get to Petra, Jordan to really realize her Indiana Jones dreams within the next couple of years.
5. The weirdest thing Hannah has ever done for travel money is eat a travel packet of ketchup in an Irish pub. To the disgust of some locals, she downed it in a couple seconds then went ten minutes without drinking anything. She made about $10CAD for this random dare.
6. Despite being a world traveller, Hannah is very accident prone, clumsy, and not so great with directions. She’s missed two flights, numerous trains and buses, and has twice ended up on a train going the wrong direction and taken several hours to realize it. She’s also crashed a motorbike on a remote island in Indonesia and ended up with a lung infection after staying in a sketchy hostel in Bosnia.
7. The most famous person she has ever met was the president of Singapore. It was a random encounter in the streets of Singapore’s Little India and she shook his hand very awkwardly as she was in the middle of getting a traditional henna tattoo at the time.
8. Hannah loves dogs. All dogs. Even the sketchy, homeless ones. She has a bit of a reputation for being a ‘dog-whisperer’ and has, on more than one occasion, stressed out her travel friends by attracting packs of street dogs with her “aww hello puppy” talk.
9. Despite that fact that she studied serial killers and psychopaths, Hannah is totally freaked out by the idea of anything supernatural. That being said she does have a weird fascination with haunted tours but she won’t go alone.
10. Hannah is obsessed with Christmas, as in Buddy the Elf obsessed. She can be found humming Christmas songs randomly throughout the year and loves being in Europe during the holiday season for the Christmas markets.
Hannah is a 20 something Canadian travel addict and writer. She dreams of being as cool as Indiana Jones and exploring the world as much as possible. You can keep up with her travels and (mis)adventures on her travel blog, Eat Sleep Breathe Travel.