I’m Sandy, freelance writer, proud Canadian, incurable big kid, luckiest person on earth (at least I think so), and one of the bloggers behind this Canadian Lifestyle & Experience blog.
I’m originally from the Limestone City, but have called the Nation’s Capital my home for the last 5 years. I love my adopted city of Ottawa, and you will often find mentions of this great city on the blog.
Since launching Canadian Blog House in March 2013, I have been fortunate to be asked to become involved in other exciting online projects. The other “hats” I wear include:
Some of my Guest Posts include:
I’ve also been featured here:
- Wanderer of the Week
- Top Travel Bloggers Pick The Best Places In Canada
- Highlights From 11 Of Canada’s National Parks
- 24 Tips To Be A Successful Travel Blogger
Canadian Blog House was the recipient of a blog award for “Best New Blog” in 2013“, and was nominated for best lifestyle, travel, and product review blog in 2014.
Canadian Blog House has partnered with many great companies over the last few years: ROOST/ADK, Visit Florida, Visit Syracuse, Ford Canada, Montreal Tourism, Mastermind Toys, Walt Disney Studios, 20th Century Fox, Lampe Berger, Yummy Mummy Club, Corus Entertainment, SavvyMom, Lake of Bays Brewing Company, Parks Canada, and many more!
One of my most popular blog posts features 30 Tips For Exceptional Social Media Engagement:
According to Klear.com, I am ranked in the Top 5% of all social media users:
Fun Facts About Me
- I am an Acrophobe, yet I’ve walked the Grand Canyon Skywalk, been to the top of Toronto’s CN Tower, and Parasailed in the Gulf of Mexico.
- I’m an Arachnophobe, yet I’ve held a tarantula in my hand.
- I was so shy in kindergarten, I was at risk of not passing into grade 1 (now you can’t shut me up!).
- I am a huge animal lover. I have owned some pretty “interesting” animals in my life, including: a turtle, gerbils, mice, rats, a chinchilla, and a hedgehog. Today I am “mom” to 2 miniature poodles, Bella & Guinness, and 2 snakes, Hunter & Tabitha.
- I once was a big “contester”. I’ve won many amazing prizes, but my favourite is the trip I won to the Dominican Republic.
- I’m still good friends (35+ years later) with 5 of my childhood girlfriends.
- I’ve had many nicknames in my life, but the two I’ve had the longest are from my aunt who calls me “Sam” and my uncle who called me “George”.
- I have been collecting pin-back buttons since I was 12. I have over 1,000 in my collection.
- I have a “trivial mind”. I remember a lot of “useless” information. Like, if you went to grade school with me – I probably remember your name.
Interested in partnering with Canadian Blog House for sponsored posts, press trips, advertising, Twitter parties, social media takeovers, or other opportunities? Email me at email@example.com.
Don’t forget to join me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, on Periscope @CanBlogHouse and Google+.You’ll find me engaging on all my social media channels – a lot. Come chat with me there! I’d love to hear from you!
You are always welcome in my Canadian Blog House!